Category:Rune Factory 4 Special
Rune Factory 4 Special (ルーンファクトリー4スペシャル) is a port of the July 2012 release of Rune Factory 4. To the joy of many Rune Factory fans, news of the HD port with added content was announced at the February 13th Nintendo Direct alongside Rune Factory 5. Rune Factory 4 Special was later released in the year on July 25, 2019 in Japan.
The announcement of the continuation of the Rune Factory series was welcomed by many fans, as the original company that developed the Rune Factory games, Neverland Company Inc., had ceased operations on November 29, 2013 after filing for bankruptcy. Many of the developers from the Neverland team joined Marvelous AQL by 2014. In January of 2018, HAKAMA Co., Ltd. was established, with Yoshifumi Hashimoto as president.
While many parts of Rune Factory 4 were similar to the first release, a newlywed mode was added as well as additional dialogue and cut scenes between characters. Many voice lines were also added and re-recorded, with some characters' voice actors changing entirely. There is also the option to switch between Japanese and English voice acting.
The main character begins the game venturing out aboard an airship with an important package bound for the capital. While en route, they are attacked by rogue soldiers who had been hiding in the cargo, and they fall off the ship. They fall from the sky in front of Selphia's dragon, Ventuswill, with no memory or idea of who they are. Ventuswill believes that they are the prince (princess) that had been on their way to Selphia and they are given living quarters in the building originally reserved for the royal. Later, it is discovered that Frey/Lest is not the Royal that was intended to arrive, however they are asked to keep up appearances for the sake of the townsfolk.
While exploring the world surrounding Selphia, the player unlocks more about their past, helps their newfound friends solve mysteries, and helps the town develop through guidance as their temporary ruler. Farming, fighting, adventuring and falling in love is the predominant activity in this game.
There are 12 marriage candidates to choose from, and you are able to have a child.
Features and Innovations
- High definition game play
- Newlywed Mode "Another Episode" available via DLC, where special episodes are available for each spouse after marriage
- Added "Hell" difficulty mode
- The ability to link to Rune Factory 5 for special feature later on
- Additional cut-scenes between characters, including an updated opening movie and new voice lines
- The ability to switch between Japanese and English voice acting
Characters in this game
The cast from Rune Factory 4 returns.
Protagonists: Lest, Frey
Bachelors: Arthur, Doug, Dylas, Kiel, Leon, Vishnal
Bachelorettes: Amber, Clorica, Dolce, Forte, Margaret, Xiao Pai
Villagers: Bado, Blossom, Illuminata, Jones, Lin Fa, Luna, Nancy, Noel, Pico, Porcoline, Ventuswill, Volkanon
With the release of Rune Factory 4 Special, an Archival Edition was offered for $59.99, while the physical and digital release were both priced at $39.99. This Archival Edition included the Swimsuit DLC, an official soundtrack CD with 36 songs and an art book that featured the works of Minako Iwasaki through the Rune Factory series. All items were included inside of a unique box with artwork by Minako Iwasaki.
- For the first two weeks post-release in Japan, the Newlywed Mode DLC "Another Episode" was available for free. After two weeks, it was priced at ¥700.
- For the first four weeks post-release in NA, the "Another Episode Pack" DLC was available for free. After four weeks, it was priced at $4.99.
- The 'Swimsuit DLC' was included in the Archival Edition and with all preorders of the physical and digital versions.
- A trailer was released for Rune Factory 4 Special at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2019 (E3 2019).
At a Glance
- HAKAMA Co., Ltd. 2019. hkm.co.jp/
- XSEED Games Launches Rune Factory 4 Special, XSEED Games, Retrieved 2020-02-28.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Rune Factory 4 Special"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.