Category:Rune Factory 4
Rune Factory 4 (ルーンファクトリー4) is the sixth installment in the Rune Factory series, released for Nintendo 3DS. It was released in Japan in July 2012, and then in North America in October 2013. Rune Factory 4 was intended to have a European release, however the bankruptcy of Neverland Company Inc. led to its cancellation. In December of 2014, Xseed Games released Rune Factory 4 in Europe and Australia via the Nintendo eShop, following the hiring of many of the developers from the Neverland team by Marvelous AQL early that year.
A HD port for Rune Factory 4 was released in Japan in July 2019 for the Nintendo Switch and given the title Rune Factory 4 Special.
The main character begins the game venturing out aboard an airship with an important package bound for the capital. While en route, they are attacked by rogue soldiers who had been hiding in the cargo, and they fall off the ship. They fall from the sky in front of Selphia's dragon, Ventuswill, with no memory or idea of who they are. Ventuswill believes that they are the prince (princess) that had been on their way to Selphia and they are given living quarters in the building originally reserved for the royal. Later, it is discovered that Frey/Lest is not the Royal that was intended to arrive, however they are asked to keep up appearances for the sake of the townsfolk.
While exploring the world surrounding Selphia, the player unlocks more about their past, helps their newfound friends solve mysteries, and helps the town develop through guidance as their temporary ruler. Farming, fighting, adventuring and falling in love is the predominant activity in this game.
There are 12 marriage candidates to choose from, and you are able to have a child.
- The ability to talk to dragons
- Fight, befriend and raise monsters
- Explore and complete dungeons
- Grow and harvest crops
- Interact with various villagers
- Date one of the candidates
- Wed one of the candidates
- Raise a child
- Partake in various festivals
Innovations to the series
- The first Rune Factory game in which the player can choose to play as a female or male at the beginning of the game
- Act as a prince/princess in the first period of the game and develop the village by constructing new buildings
- Some marriage candidates are freed from bosses after defeat
Characters introduced in this game
Protagonists: Lest, Frey
Bachelors: Arthur, Doug, Dylas, Kiel, Leon, Vishnal
Bachelorettes: Amber, Clorica, Dolce, Forte, Margaret, Xiao Pai
Villagers: Bado, Blossom, Illuminata, Jones, Lin Fa, Luna, Nancy, Noel, Pico, Porcoline, Ventuswill, Volkanon
- Rune Factory 4 features an NPC traveler who repeatedly refers to taking an "arrow in the knee". This reference to the vintage 2012 meme is also present in the original Japanese version and was not added in translation. 
At a Glance
- XSEED Games Twitter
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Rune Factory 4"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.